Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Lee Boys

Well, I have not been on in awhile due to being so busy lately. I have added a few more hobbies..well sort of hobbies, which have started taking up some time until I get more organized. I am now couponing and working part time at Dalton's school, so I am behind in getting information on the blog.

Dalton has started Pre-K at Westminster Christian Academy. He is really enjoying and asks everyday, "Do I get to go see my teacher again?" He really likes it when "Mommy gets to teach the kids", b/c he gets to stay a little later and then I pick him up after 1:00. He is only going till 12:00, which means I still get to have my big boy part of the day. Someday, however, I wish for full day Pre K. :) Mainly those are the days when he won't stop "helping out" with Xander to the point Xander screams when he is looked at. While at school, Dalton is getting Spanish and music as well as getting to play on the playground. (that is a big thrill for him)

Dalton has also started baseball, so you can bet there will be some great stories coming up with that adventure. He is on a baseball team through the YMCA, which should get him some good socialization and help with coordination. His first few games were sort of sluggish. He does pretty well the first inning, but then gets distracted for the last 2. Thank goodness there are only 3. His last game this past Saturday, he really hustled to each base, which is what we have been working on. He favors his left, so we bought him lefty items, but we can't seem to find his batting arm. He will miss and then get a nice hit bringing the bat back to try again. Too bad he can't just bat backwards.

Xander has started the Vine on Tuesday and Thursdays. I will be working while he is there. I think it will be very good for him to be away from mommy. He is becoming Mr. Independent, but still wants to make sure he can see mommy. He loves books, cats, and planes. He'll hear one from inside the house and get totally excited just b/c one is flying over. He loves to go bye, bye and starts squealing with joy when he sees pretty much anything...rocks, birds, bikes on the ceiling in Walmart. We took him to an airshow thinking he would go nuts over airplanes...nothing! Then the next day, a plane flies over as we are getting in the van and he goes nuts. I don't get it.

They are both growing so much and I am still enjoying being able to stay home most days. I feel so busy now with just a part time, 8 hr a week job, that I can't imagine getting anything done if I went back to full time teaching. All those moms that do it all the time must be miracle workers b/c I constantly have a mountain of laundry on the couch to fold.

No comments: