Saturday, July 19, 2008

Amen!

One thing I have noticed after having kids is that our meal time prayers have become pretty quick. This happened without much thought due to certain actions that were occurring. For example, if food is on the table during prayer time, there is the reach/grab move that ends up with kids magically having mouths full of food by the end of the prayer. That is better than the scream/point move in which if food is not on the table, kids are pointing at the food and screaming as if they have not eaten in days. We still plugged on however, in hopes they would catch on to the importance of prayer times as our "training" progressed. Dalton does pretty good and even will say a prayer every now and then.
I have noticed, though, in the last few days, that Xander especially has decided that prayer time is not so bad, especially if there is no option for the reach/grab. I decided I wanted to film it b/c I thought it was so cute and to show Kerry. To my surprise, he even gave me a bigger thrill by actually finishing the prayer with me.


Dalton decided to be a stinker. He cracks me up. He will be doing something cute with Xander and I'll peak in. If he catches me watching, he asks me to get the camera. However, if I do...all sweetness stops and he decides to watch the camera instead or beat up his little brother. Go figure!