Saturday, November 15, 2008

My Son the Movie Reviewer

Kerry and I just don't get out much to see any of the latest movies, so we are slightly behind the times. We have noticed this even more so during our Sunday morning class as we have been discuss "Seeing God in Pop Culture". I am well versed in the children's movies we have discussed, but several others, I sit and have no clue. This may have been what prompted Kerry to bring home a rental from Kroger this evening. The movie is I am Legend with Will Smith. I am not so sure I will join him b/c I do not do well with "scary" movies, so he may be watching it alone even though I like Will Smith. The idea of the some sort of living, diseased thing chasing me in my dreams is not at all appealing.

Now for the point..Dalton was excited to see Daddy with a movie and was talking about how we could all watch it after Xander went to bed. Kerry told him that he would not be watching the movie with us. Dalton sat there a minute and then flatly stated, "Ok, I will go to bed and you and Mommy can watch the bad, bad movie." Kerry about rolled on the floor. So, there you have it, my son's first movie review for a movie he has never seen. I am Legend is a bad, bad movie. I guess he is getting the point when something inappropriate suddenly comes on TV and we tell him to cover his ears, cover his eyes, or we change the channel suddenly. Oh good..he is learning something!

1 comment:

Susan Silver Dill said...

I am laughing at this! Smart kid... must be bad if you won't let me watch it! bwahahahaha! Or as Tom would say, "what, does it have cursing and nekkid people in it?!" Dalton has a future with the media, I'm sure.