Friday, June 13, 2008

Playing in the rain


Thursday night, we all went to a friend's house for a get together. The hostess, Tamra, previously worked with Kerry and had invited the entire family to come celebrate the recent flights that took place. Tamra was advicer and mentor to several groups of college students that developed experiments to be conducted in zero gravity. The experiments took place on the C9. That is the plane that takes sudden dives and lets everyone float around in a temporary zero gravity type state. (I knew it as the vomit comet, but know I feel much more in the know.) Kerry, while he did not get to go on the flight, is hoping to help develop some experiments for students that will be accepted to fly in the future.
Anyway, while we were there, it started to rain. All the adults stayed under the patio while the boys decided to find alternative entertainment. They had a blast, especially Xander. He spent the entire time walking along the edge of the patio where the water was really dripping on him. Dalton kept sneaking off to help wash Tamra's truck since it was in the "car wash". She was much nicer than I would have been about kid smears on my vehicle.
We had a nice time even though I am sure all those people were waaaaaaaaay smarter than I could ever dreamed to be. You know..those smart, science types that make my little 5th science experiments look like pouring a glass of milk. One of the younger brilliant ones called me ma'am! I don't think my 5th graders even called me that. I almost laughed out loud until I thought...Oh great...I am a ma'am now! lol



Wednesday night, right before we were putting Dalton to bed, Kerry saw that we had a visitor out the window. I thought it was a rat! Upon closer look, it was possum. I was able to snap a quick video of it after he had munched on a bug. Dalton was thrilled. He came back to visit a few more times that night and entertained the cats for awhile, but this was the best I could get. He didn't seem to like me moving toward the window too much and would take off to fast. The video is dark and short, but you can hear Dalton say something about eating bugs as the thing runs away.


No comments: