Monday, December 8, 2008

Things my kids say

It seems that I am always behind and at times, I do not stop and enjoy my kids as much as I should. I honestly do not know how people, who I know are waaaaaaaaay busier than I am, do it. I was having one of those days. I just wanted to stay focused and get things done. My goal was to get the Christmas decorations done and the empty boxes stacked for Kerry to get out of the house. (On top of about 30 other things) I did not have time for chit chat!

As I was running around the house, the boys were playing and on occasion, checking to see if I was doing my duties. At one point, Dalton began following me around saying over and over again that he wanted a stocking hat aka Santa hat. I told him flat out, that I was not going to mess with the Santa hats right now because I was trying to find the living room floor.

Without missing a beat, my 5 year old look at me, pointed to the floor and said, "Mommy, it's right there..see right there!" I stopped with my mouth wide open as if I actually had something smart to say and then all I could do was laugh. He repeated, getting a bit concerned that I had yet to see the floor. I finally acknowledged that the floor had indeed been there and thanks for finding it for me! Without even realizing it, Dalton had given me a breath of fresh air for my day. I was less stressed, even though I still had lots to do, but at least I was not as focused on that and was more focused on the kids. Thanks son!

No comments: