Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Funny things my kids say

We left on Saturday for North Carolina to see Kerry's best friend and meet his wife. As the trip drew closer, I started packing pretty early. I guess that is just how I get prepared. I mean, I had items in the suit case at least 5 days before. Kerry on the other hand can throw it all together pretty quickly. Guess that comes from all his past travels.

However, one thing I noticed is that before we actually walk out the door, we both verbalize our list of needed items:underwear, socks, pants, shirts etc. As I was going through my list, Dalton was standing beside me. I started off with the usual list processing it in my mind for both boys and myself: socks, underwear, shoes, pants, shirt, pj's, bra(for myself of course). As I came to bra in the list, Dalton repeated..Bra! Just being silly with him, I asked him if he needed a bra. He said no and said that Mommy's need bras. Ok, I thought, pretty good answer for a 5 year old.

This is not the end of the story however.

All of a sudden, he looks over at Kerry with a serious face and says, "When you get bigger up high, you need a bra!" We about lost it laughing b/c we first that he was talking about growing up when he said getting bigger. We had not idea he would be so..um...detailed. What an interesting concept for him to understand. I sometimes wonder what Kerry is teaching our kids when I'm not looking. :)

No comments: