Sunday, June 14, 2009

Take a bow!

Dalton has a flare for the obvious. If you have spent much time with him, you know he is quite good at telling you where you are, where you should be going even though you already know, or what is broken ect. It gets on my nerves a bit and I have had several chats with him about how he does not need to tell me to go b/c the light is green. I am thinking the car in front of me would not like me pushing him through the green light and that we should at least give people time to move their foot from the break to the gas. That of course is just one example of many.

Kerry deals with it better than I do. He will often look at Dalton and say sarcastically, Thank you Dalton! Usually, Dalton can catch some of the sarcasm and stops saying it..over, and over. He knows that we are quite aware of what is going on and no commentary is needed.

He did however totally catch us off guard. We have tried to remember what he was stating when Kerry once again sarcastically thanked him, but we just can't seem to remember because the finale was too funny. We remember falling over laughing when Dalton just flatly looked at Kerry and said, "You are welcomed Daddy. I will take a bow!"

What! Take a bow! Yes..he took a bow! A comedian could not have had better timing. Now, you may read this and think nothing of it...one of those you had to be there things, but ugh....we hurt after that. Makes me wonder when I will get the first call from his Kindergarten teacher next year. Oh boy!

No comments: