Sunday, November 15, 2009

'Bout Time

Ok, so it has been a long time since I have updated my blog. I guess I figure my life is not all that thrilling and if you are interested, you can find me on facebook. I update that all the time. However, I decided to do a little updating on here for anyone who might actually check this thing on occasion.

We have been staying busy. Kerry has been working and doing a lot of running, which is what I call his new mistress. As a family, we are also trying hard to support Kerry in his running. We attend all his races and cheer him on as much as possible. I enjoy seeing him finish and feel he accomplished something he feels good about. I try to take pictures of each race, not really for memory sake actually. Kerry will use them to analyze his form and to also compare distances and times of other runners he competes against. He is in several running clubs and I will try to get several pictures of them as well and he puts them on his facebook.

Dalton is attending Kindergarten and after a rough few weeks, things have leveled off some for him. He still has trouble keeping his hands to himself at school, but at least he is getting out of the car without a screaming fit. He does a pretty good job staying on green at school and as stated before...him keeping his hands to his self is the main issue that gets him in trouble. He enjoys math the most and does very well in his other areas as well. He does not quite understand though why sometimes for homework he only gets to count to about 30. He would much rather count past 100 and go on and on.

Xander is growing like crazy and talking all the time. He loves to sing and try to be like his big brother, which at times is not so great. It would be much nicer if he'd pick up the better behaved qualities of his older sibling. He is quite the momma's boy most of the time, though he has learned to use daddy as an excuse to stay up just a little bit longer. After I get him in bed, says our prayers, and sing a song, he decides he needs a daddy song too. Pretty smart if you ask me.

I am staying home and chasing kids mostly. I have picked up the hobby of couponing and really enjoy getting a good deal. It is kind of addicting when you can get such great deals. I stock pile some things for donating to our church pantry at later dates, so I feel it is something good to do. I am sure I drive my friends crazy with all my emails about good deals and such. So far, no one has begged me to stop. I think they just roll their eyes and delete. Doesn't bother me...I'll never know. :)

Kerry and I did take a short trip to Cozumel in September for a scuba diving trip with some friends. My mom was gracious enough to watch the boys for us. Kerry had been taking classes to be certified, so this was an exciting trip and especially since I got to just hang out on the beach while everyone else went diving. I am absolutely terrified of water in that aspect, so I just went along for the ride. While Kerry enjoyed the diving, I think the plane we had to fly in from Cancun to Cozumel was the most thrilling part for him. I sat right behind the pilot. I mean, I could have given the guy a back massage without even unbuckling my seat belt. If we would have known the front passenger seat right next to the pilot was free game, Kerry would have jumped at the chance. Kerry was right behind the passenger and could see everything up close. It was the closest Kerry has ever been to actually flying a plane himself.

We keep chugging along here and will be attending more races the next few months as well as some Christmas programs and other school events, so maybe I can throw a few more interesting tid bits on here later.

No comments: